At AgStar Home, your satisfaction and loyalty are our top priorities. We want to build an ongoing relationship with you that goes far beyond your home mortgage. That’s why we’ll be in touch with you regularly throughout the loan process. If you ever have a question about your loan, please contact your Home Mortgage Specialist.
Here are the general steps and timelines involved in acquiring a typical home mortgage:
- After you submit your completed application and consult with your Home Mortgage Specialist , we’ll check your credit and other factors to grant you initial loan approval. You’ll be notified of your acceptance within one day.
- Meanwhile, please gather necessary documentation detailed on the application checklist and provide it to AgStar Home as soon as possible.
- Once we receive your documentation, AgStar Home underwriters will analyze your loan for credit approval, validate your income, assets and liabilities, plus follow up with any missing information. We’ll mail you early disclosures within three days.
- When we receive your application fee, our appraisal team will schedule your site review.
- We’ll order the title work and review all the documents in preparation for final loan approval and closing. Your Home Mortgage Specialist will communicate with you on the status of your loan.
- When all the paperwork is complete and the final loan approval is granted, we’ll schedule a closing at a time that’s convenient for you. The closing takes place at one of our many offices and lasts about 45 minutes.
The entire process usually takes between 30 and 45 days.